You can quickly update your TireMinder Smart TPMS Bluetooth Adapter or TireMinder A1AS to the newest firmware by following the instructions here.
Before you get started, you'll need to take care of a few things first. First, ensure your TireMinder Smart TPMS Bluetooth Adapter or TireMinder A1AS is at least 50% charged. You'll also need to be sure that the TireMinder Smart TPMS App on your phone is completely closed, as this process will not work while the Smart TPMS App is running in the background.
If you have an Android phone, you will need the most up-to-date firmware file, which can be found on our website by clicking here and being sure to select the correct TireMinder device you have. Save the file to a location on your phone that you can easily get to, such as your Downloads folder. You'll need to then download nRF Device Firmware Update which can be found on the Google Play Store located here.
If you have an iPhone, you can now use our new TireMinder Updater on the Apple App Store here.
iOS (TireMinder Updater App)
- Open the TireMinder Updater App on your phone.
- Turn your TireMinder Smart TPMS Bluetooth Adapter or TireMinder A1AS on.
- On the Device section, tap "Select" and choose the TireMinder model showing under Scanner.
- Under Choose Firmware, tap "Select" and choose the firmware version you wish to use. See here for Firmware Version information.
- Under File, you will notice that the correct file is automatically chosen and that "Select" is not able to be tapped, meaning you can move forward.
- Under Progress, tap "Upload."
- Allow 1 to 2 minutes for the system to update. Please leave the Bluetooth Adapter or A1AS monitor alone while the update is completing.
- The TireMinder Updater App will then say "Completed" after the update is done.
Android (nRF Device Firmware Update)
- Ensure your Bluetooth Adapter or A1AS is powered on.
- Open the nRF Device Firmware Update App on your phone.
- Next to File, tap "Select" and locate the firmware file you saved to your phone. This is usually in your Downloads folder by default. When the file is found, tap it to select it and move forward.
- Next to Device, tap "Select" and select "TM-Blue22." If using this for the first time, Permission Access may prompt you to allow your phone to connect to the TireMinder device. This must be allowed for the Application to connect to and update the device. When the device is found, tap it to select it and move forward.
- Next to Progress, tap "Start" to begin updating your Bluetooth Adapter or A1AS monitor.
- Allow the monitor 1 to 2 minutes to update. Please leave the Bluetooth Adapter or A1AS monitor alone while the update is completing.
Due to changes made to the way Bluetooth and location permissions work in Android 10 and beyond, the nRF Toolbox app may not work with some models of Android phones out there, such as Google Pixel or Samsung Galaxy or Note devices. We cannot guarantee that the app used to update firmware will work with these particular models of phones. In the event of an incompatibility, please try using a different phone if one is available or reach out to us for further support. We can be reached at 772-463-6522 from 9 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern, Monday through Friday, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Minder Division of Valterra Products
3000 SE Waaler Street
Stuart, FL 34997