If SIGNAL LOSS appears on the display, it means the monitor has lost the signal from one or more transmitters. The top LED will also blink red. This issue needs to be addressed only when convenient, such as before leaving on a trip, at the next rest stop or campground, etc.
Reasons For Signal Loss
- The booster is not functioning. All TireMinder systems come with a booster included. Check first if it is installed. If it is, check that the booster is powered correctly. You should see a green LED glow when the unit is powered on. See “Signal Booster” (Page 7).
- The system is over 9 months old and the transmitter batteries need to be replaced.
- One of the transmitters has been lost or damaged.
- Electronic Interference: With the constant addition of new wireless products (many running at 433MHz), it is possible that the TireMinder signal is being interrupted by electronic interference. If the signal comes back or is lost intermittently, you can rest assured the loss is due to such interference. 90% of this problem is cured by using the booster. Is yours installed with a green LED glowing? If so, and all other possible signal loss reasons have been eliminated, consider moving the booster to a more central location.
- Distance: Under normal operating conditions, distance is not an issue if you have installed the booster. At the same time, extreme cold and low transmitter battery (under 3 volts) power will shorten the operating distance even with a booster installed.
- Missing Vehicle – “Signal Loss” The appearance of the “Signal Loss” is inevitable when a towed vehicle/trailer is separated from the towing unit unless you implement the unique “Disconnect Mode” of the i10.
If you do not use the “Disconnect Mode” but are aware you left the vehicle behind, you may simply ignore the warnings.
When the two systems are reunited, the monitor will pick up the missing tires automatically. This usually happens within the first 20 minutes. If you need them to reconnect immediately, simply loosen (depressurize) and tighten (re-pressurize) the transmitters on any missing wheels.
Our recommended alternative is to put the unit in the full “Auto-Search Mode” (see Page 13). If you did use the “Disconnect Mode,” upon reuniting the two units, you may simply engage the automatic “Reconnect Feature” and let the TireMinder do the work for you. See Page 12 for “Disconnect” and “Reconnect Mode” directions